1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Waste routing to existing SVP advice please! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. bpj

bpj New Member

Hello everyone!

We are looking to change bathroom layout in our new house, hoping to squeeze in an en suite alongside the main bathroom. Here is a plan of our ideal final layout:
    [​IMG]
    Our existing space is 332 by 260 cm. Our idea is to put up a ~30 cm stud wall (green) leaving a 120 by 260 cm en suite and 182 by 260 cm main bathroom. Ideally the pipework would run up the stud wall as the internal walls are in brick.

Currently the toilet and internal soil vent pipe are in a separate room next door, 140 cm away. We are very keen to re-use this soil pipe for both cost and aesthetic reasons. So the big question is, it is possible to have the layout above with waste routing to this SVP without risking constant blockages?

I would plan to have a box-out by the wall at the same level as the bath with 110 mm waste pipes running along it, removing the floorboard if necessary to get sufficient drop. I was thinking this could have some kind of hatch for inspection / rodding, but I don't see any way around having a 90 degree bend inside the stud wall, so perhaps that's not helpful? I also note that the WC in the main bathroom would have to essentially go back on itself which worries me a little.

There is an existing shower / bath / basin waste route on the external wall as indicated by the grey dashed lines, but if it's possible and sensible to route these into the toilet waste pipe I suppose we might prefer this to tidy up that side of the house.

I'd be really grateful for any comments or suggestions. Eventually we will consult a professional bathroom fitter on these things but it would be great to be armed with some ideas of what is and isn't possible.

Many thanks!

Jan

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019