Search the forum,

Discuss Waste pipe to main down pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ad832

hello every one, newby here, I've done a bit of DIY plumbing in the past (Trained Aircraft Engineer so use to hydraulic and pneumatic systems) and have a question relating to bathroom waste water going down the main down pipe.

At present the waste water pipe to the main down pipe runs above the floor with a step-down into the main down pipe. I want to run the pipe under the floor (to hide it) which would mean it would be a straight run into the down pipe - is this acceptable ( of course the shower and sink will be fitted with a trap)

Many thanks AD

Jon Thanks for the reply, I'll look to see if i can drop it where it goes into the main down pipe

which way do the joists run? i'm guessing perpendicular to the pipe.

Straight run definitely not mate

Why?
Provided no conflict with other connections and cross flow not an issue. Old copper wastes commonly run straight into cast soil/vent, via brass boss, with no problem after 50+ years. If joists perpendicular to run, that's a different issue.

By memory joni , isnt it 18 mm per meter fall on a 110 pipe . I wouldnt run one straight , anywhere .

Maybe misunderstanding. My interpretation of straight:- shortest distance between two points.
Not necessary to be horizontal.
Fall on 40mm shower waste pipe :- between 18mm and 90mm/ metre run.( Length not exceeding 3 metres, recommended but not mandatory).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste pipe to main down pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock