Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Waste pipe connection to soil pipe in concrete floor. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Kel

Kel New Member

Hi All,
    First of all apologies....I am an electrician!
    Now that that’s out of the way can I ask for some advice please? I am building an extension and reconfiguring the internal layout of my property, it is a bungalow with concrete floors and when done there will be 1 bathroom and 1 en suite, the bathroom will be on an external wall but the en suite will be in the middle of the bungalow with no external walls.
    The builder is going to bring in 2 x 110mm soil pipes under the new concrete slab for the extension and then bring them vertically up through the slab and Celotex insulation into the en suite via an elbow on each.
    1 of the soil pipes is for the toilet and the other for connecting to the shower and wash hand basin.
    My question is how do I connect the waste pipes from the shower and basin into the soil pipe?
    Can I fit a short boss pipe with an end cap onto the vertical section of pipe and terminate them into this, or is there a purpose made connection.
    When done I want everything to be below the the finished screed level. There will be 100mm of Celotex and 75mm of screed on top of the slab.
    I’d appreciate any advice or tips, thanks for reading.

2. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Do us a diagram please in order we can spot any pitfalls in your plan
    centralheatking

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kel

Kel New Member

Ok Rob, here goes
    Diagram 1 - shows 110mm pipe coming up through the concrete slab, Celotex and screed.
    Diagram 2 - plan view of en suite
    Diagram 3 - Short Boss & end cap buried in Celotex and screed, with 40mm waste from shower tray.

Hope these make sense.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4. Rob Foster

Well done Kell, your diagrams are fine we can all have a look now and comment. From my point of view I cannot see any
    rodding arrangements 4 when things get blocked....they will even with the best laid drains
    and maybe anti siphon traps ?
    what do u fink ? This is my first pass..others will help 2
    Rob Foster aka centralheatking

5. Kel

Kel New Member

Hi Rob, thanks for coming back to me. The 110mm goes to an inspection chamber about 3 metres away.
    I did think there might be a mini inspection chamber to go into the end of the soil pipe to accept the 40mm wastes and have a removable cover, similar to the ones you find in bathroom floors in Spain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I see no issues doing it the way you propose, just check with the manufacturer of the orange underground pipe to check you can use solvent weld. Some you can, some you can't.
    I personally wouldn't run my waste in the screed though, fit the boss adaptor as the pipe comes out the concrete and run your wastes in the celotex. Good amount of fall and support it to prevent future sagging.
    Also as you won't get to your pipes in future, to reduce the risk of blockages I'd use 2" solvent and reduce as close to the basin and shower as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rob Foster

running waste pipe in screed horizantaly runs a risk of the hot water making the pipe expand etc.which might bust the hard screed break up. so C W is correct take it down out of the way out of trouble.
    if u are happy with the rodding arangements ...good etc

Rob Foster aka centralheatking

8. Kel

Kel New Member

Thanks Gents, I’ll follow your guidance and run in the Celotex etc.

• Like Like x 1