Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine input tap produces oscillation sound & gets blocked in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

This is my first post here. How do you do?

I was wondering if anyone may have ideas on this issue. We're just trying to connect a washing machine to an under-sink water pipe valve, and we're finding a strange behaviour.

With the washing machine on, when the valve is partially open, water flows. However, with increasing opening of the valve, an oscillation vibration sound becomes louder and louder, until there is a sudden thump and the water flow completely stops.

I am able to 'reset' this behaviour by unscrewing the pipe from the valve, and am able to go through the above steps again, until it thumps and stops again.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? This is a <3yr old house.

Thanks!

Current washing machines have a little box on the fill hose, believe it is an anti-flood device.

Reply to Washing machine input tap produces oscillation sound & gets blocked in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
This is doing my head in, so I am turning to the experts here for any wisdom... In the last couple of days I have very low cold water pressure in my downstairs utility room and downstairs bathroom (they back on to each other). The main cold feed (kitchen tap) is normal pressure. And all the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
My clothes washing machine drain pipe overflowed water when the machine was emptying, so I augered the pipe over 15 feet and I even had a plumber do the same while he was there for something else. But when I poured water into the standpipe to check it before using the machine again, the water...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock