Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine inlet hose connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bm85

Apologies for what will come across as a bit of a vague post.

My mother has just moved into a newly renovated bungalow. I have been sent the below picture showing the pipework available to plumb in her washing machine.

From the description I have received, the inlet hose is larger than the outlet on the attached image:

20150712_144336.jpg

I am awaiting measurements, but I assume the outlet on the valve is in mm, with the inlet hose of the washing machine being 3/4".
I had a look in B&Q to see if there was a suitable adaptor, but plumbing is not my strong point.

I'm aware the information I have provided is not great, but if anyone could shed some light. Or suggest what the 'likely' outlet size on the copper piping is going to be, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance,

Brad

Attachments

• 20150712_144336[1].jpg
    20150712_144336[1].jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 50
You need a washing machine tap... It can either be fitted with the isolation valve in the pic removed ( re use nut & olive) or fit a washing machine tap after that isolation valve, but you will need 15mm nut & olive plus short bit of pipe!

You need a washing machine tap... It can either be fitted with the isolation valve in the pic removed ( re use nut & olive) or fit a washing machine tap after that isolation valve, but you will need 15mm nut & olive plus short bit of pipe!

always after just incase anything goes wrong and you cant shut the washing machine valve off

Yikes your washing machine tap was over 11 quid!

Paid about 84p in screwfix today!

Thank you for the replies, I'm planning to head over there this evening. I'll go armed with your information when making the purchases after work today.

Cheers:biggrin:

Yikes your washing machine tap was over 11 quid!

Paid about 84p in screwfix today!

It's b and q so everything is 300% over the top

... You mean the cheap Blue plastic snaps / so you fit the RED one .... found laying around

(BODGE)

no the spindle snaps on the valve and so you have to turn the mains water off, if you have a valve below you can just turn the valve off and change it easy as pie

Turning the mains off is just as easy surely... Plus the iso can leak from the gland if touched ;)

Turning the mains off is just as easy surely... Plus the iso can leak from the gland if touched ;)

You would think but just under half don't know where there mains stop tap is and they don't have glands but I know what you mean :) and decent valves shouldn't do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine inlet hose connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I’ve recently had my washing machine connected however the chap who installed it said the water inlet pipe connected has a larger head thus resulting in the valve not turning resulting in no water or low pressure water. What can I do to rectify this?
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock