Search the forum,

Discuss washing machine - hot/cold pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nornenschwester

Hello! Sorry for the silly question upfront, but i got no idea what i'm doing :lol:]. I got a washing machine recently and now i got the problem that there's no way of telling which one is the cold water supply as the machine only needs cold water. The pipes are not marked with blue or red so my question is, is there any other way of telling which one is which? (Picture attached if that's any help?)

Thanks a lot for any help!

Attachments

• _20150910_182701.jpg
    _20150910_182701.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 59
Hello there,

Try open up each isolation valve but make sure you have something to catch the water like a bucket or bin bag without holes ;)

You will literally see which is hot or cold.
But do only the job if you feel comfy enough.

If you do not know to open those valves then take a little adjustable spanner or a grip and open those brass coloured ... Just open it slightly so should feel straight away what is hot and cold.

Thanks a lot! I will try this and let you know how it went. Wish me luck i don't drown the kitchen :lol:

You won't drown just open it slightly you will see it's pretty simple just make sure to catch the water.

im going for right as cold left as hot

Usually the cold will be on the bottom or hot on the left depending on the orientation and who fitted them,

But as said open up one valve and you will feel if the water or pipe becomes warm, you may need to run a bit of water off before it becomes hot

Thanks a lot, I will try it tomorrow, should work out fine :)
I see the pipes underneath the sink which are marked red and blue, but the pipes run behind the cupboards (attic type of flat) so i can't see which one is which and my labdlord has no idea either^^
So i'll open the valves slightly and have a look, thanks!

I got the right pipe working which seemed to be hot water, so i tried the left one and now got the problem that when i turn the brass thingy its a) very hard to turn and b) when i get it to turn a little bit of water comes out and as soon as i let go if it it stops, so it seems to me i can't open it fully.. any ideas?

Best idea ! get your landlord to get his plumber in replace the valves for new ones with leavers on, & make sure he caps the one not in use.

Nornenschwester deleted your posts and sent messages can't send messages to yoi. ;)

Mr nonnenschwester

Told my landlord now to fix that mess! Thanks for all the replies guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to washing machine - hot/cold pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock