Search the forum,

Discuss Washing Machine/Dishwasher Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Edwards

Hi,

I have a washing machine, and the flexible waste pipe is currently fed into a rigid waste pipe which goes out of the building. The rigid pipe is just the right size for the flexible pipe to fit into snugly.

I have recently installed a dishwasher right next to the washing machine, but I am unsure of the best way to have both flexible waste hoses to feed into the same rigid pipe.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

you may want to increase the waste pipe to 50mm as a wm and dw both emptying into the current outlet could ad up to flood city, or change the current set up to to waste inlets in series and not having them run at the same time, theres a reason why you cant get to outlets into a 40mmm waste, keeps you dry. Or add sealed outlet with screwed/push in connections and jubilee cipped wm/dw outlets so if it overloads it cant backwash into the kitchen, call in a plumber to have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
you may want to increase the waste pipe to 50mm as a wm and dw both emptying into the current outlet could ad up to flood city, or change the current set up to to waste inlets in series and not having them run at the same time, theres a reason why you cant get to outlets into a 40mmm waste, keeps you dry. Or add sealed outlet with screwed/push in connections and jubilee cipped wm/dw outlets so if it overloads it cant backwash into the kitchen, call in a plumber to have a look.

would sealing the machine outlets not cause more problems than it would fix? a machine outlet requires to be vented to drain properly

Hi,

I have a washing machine, and the flexible waste pipe is currently fed into a rigid waste pipe which goes out of the building. The rigid pipe is just the right size for the flexible pipe to fit into snugly.

I have recently installed a dishwasher right next to the washing machine, but I am unsure of the best way to have both flexible waste hoses to feed into the same rigid pipe.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Presume your washing machine waste is attached to a length of 22mm copper pipe that goes outside,not good practice but does work
Now you have a dish washer however you will not be able to connect to this pipe ,as all that will happen is when washing machine empties,some of waste water will go to dish washer and vice versa.If both empty at same time ,will be to much for copper outlet to outside and will cause pressure on appliance pumps and burn them out,likewise if you fitted non return valves on hoses ,same would happen
You will have to increase waste pipe going outside to correct size or run another 22mm pipe as washing machine has now,not good practice, may void any cover but works

IMHO

yeah u must go to hardware shop of plumbing ask for " y " shape elbow joint so that u can easily install both machine in one rigid pipe.

would sealing the machine outlets not cause more problems than it would fix? a machine outlet requires to be vented to drain properly
cant see a problem as wm and dw are all pumped so no need for natural venting is there!:rolleyes:

cant see a problem as wm and dw are all pumped so no need for natural venting is there!:rolleyes:

haven't looked at w/machine MI for ages but i'm sure they asked for waste to go into 38mm with an air gap to assist draining, or connected to w/machine p trap under sink but this would be vented through sink grating as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing Machine/Dishwasher Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock