Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Warped bath issue in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Andrew Garrett

Andrew Garrett New Member

hi there

The previous owner of my house was a DIY enthusiast and I am beginning to reap the fruits of his labours.

The bath is level all over except where the shower screen is. It looks like he's forced the corner of the bath down the way to fit the screen on. The water flows towards the screen rather than into the bath. At the beginning of the screen closest to the wall there is 6mm gap where the seal goes, tapering into a 1mm gap where the tip of the glass screen meets the bath.

the bath is siliconed in. Beneath the bath is dry but water is flowing under the shower screen seal and down the edge of the bath. I obviously need to level that corner, and to do that I need to remove the screen and shift the bath corner up.

My question is can I get something which is similar in design to an acroprop that I can screw out to get the corner into its correct position, then refit a new screen?

Or do I need to build a wooden frame along the end of the bath that will keep it in place? Perhaps a combination of prop and wood would be a better option.

I'm sure what I need exists out there but I cant find its name.

The feet of the bath I can move around but this wont fix the corner that has been force out of shape?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Andy

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

how tight are the tiles on the low corner ?

3. Andrew Garrett

there's a gap of about a half inch where there's an edging on the tile, which I intend to remove. the gap between the bath and the tile edge will can be siliconed.

there is room for the half centimetre it needs to come up by.

wood would do it but something I can unscrew to the correct length that pushes the bath corner up would be ideal

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would get a Batton correct length so it's from the floor to the correct bath height

5. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

You seem to be planning on attempting to raise the corner of the bath while all in position.
    If nothing remaining to hold the bath edge, then just use an upright piece of timber to push between floor and lower edge of bath and lever on that.
    I would assume the bath will move easily if standard light plastic

6. Chewitt

Chewitt New Member

Try looking at a Tubfix kit from Plumbase.com website.

I have sold some for similar purpose, it is a metal frame that will support the edge of the bath and it is adjustable.

7. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Not come across those before.
    Looks a decent product and will try one.

8. gmartine

gmartine GSR

9. Andrew Garrett

Thanks for the help chaps

10. Phil

Phil Plumber

I used one of these recently and I have mixed feelings, the adjustable uprights just butt up to the underside of the bath and you cant get them tight and can easily push them forward when tight.
    Then you have to pilot drill to get your 6mm Hardiebacker on and the screws don't bite hard enough and strip out.

Its back to wooden frame for me next time..:(

• Agree Agree x 1