Search the forum,

Discuss wanting to make shower room need advice urgent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ImPrest Tiling

I've got a big airing cupboard in my bedroom that i'm going to turn into a shower room . Only thing is i have a combi boiler in there, is this a problem if i have it all boxed in with doors? Been told that i cann't any ideas any1 please urgent.

cheers

steve

a combi boiler has electric going to it so you would have to get the boiler moved or scrap your plans (Sorry)

even if it was all boxed in?

does any1 know where i can get regulations please.

it will cost a fortune to move :(

Electrician's guide to building regulations IEE. your shower enclosure is zone 1 you cannot have any electrical switches in that zone that includes your boiler and the fused spur it should be connected to. A switch should to installed out side the shower or bath area at least 0.6 meters from the edge of the bath or shower

shower is going to be about a metre away from where the cupboard that will be housing the boiler. Is that not ok?

does any1 know where i could get the regulations from?

cheers

steve

you could look in the librery or order them from wh smith. Your determined to do this by the sounds of it, all i can think of is to box in the boiler and put a screen in front of it

yeah i am as the waste pipe has already been put in when i had my kitchen extension built.
So i called the builder who done that and he says it is fine as long as it is all boxed in with a door on. So happy days :)
thanks for you advice anyway

steve

Last edited by a moderator:
love it when peeps say box it in no probs. read manufacturer's instructions on boiler before boxing it in ,may need ventilation for cooling purposes. moby corgi reg no. 188144

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wanting to make shower room need advice urgent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock