Search the forum,

Discuss wall mounted solar panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

I had a call from a client today who wants solar thermal panels fitted vertically onto a new tile hung wall, blockwork behind the tiles.

He has decided he wants W Bosch panels, a link below briefly describes how they must be installed onto

Each collector brace must be fastened using the holes provided by 3 fixings according to the details in the installation manual.
Install only on a sealed, windproof outside wall.
Before installing the wall mounting support, check the load-bearing capability of the fixing wall (i.e. of the wall base). If necessary, ask a structural engineer for assistance.
Never modify the wall mounting structure.
Never place objects in the space underneath the wall mounting support.

Panel dimensions and clearances: standard wall-mounted installation - Worcester, Bosch Group UK installer site

Is a tile hung wall a sealed windproof outside wall ??

would only feel happy if bolted to brickwork, looks like you will have to remove a fair few tiles an refit round bracket
imo :)

Totally of topic but I worked at a house once where the old fella had fixed a Sundial to a vertical wall like a clock. I laughed my head off

41UhUVi36eL._SS500_wall mounted sun dial.jpgWall mounted sun dial:clap:

I did not explain properly, it was mounted under the apex of a summer garden type thing attached to the side of the garage (with no sun)

I would like to see the actual bracket, if it stands off the wall it may be possible to flash around the brackets keeping the wall watertight.

If it doesn't have enough room for the depth of the tile, the laths, flashing, and still enough room to bolt the panel on then look for an alternative product or you will be leaving potential leaks behind the panel not to mention structural stability.

Ask the manufacturer for a detailed drawing showing how to do it, that way its not your fault if there are any problems in the future.

The client has decided on 2 x solux lux evacuated panels, have looked online and the brackets may be long enough.

The guy is an engineer and redesigns and manufacturers aircraft interiors, so if the panels are not deep enough he can have some even stronger brackets made in no time at all.

Just had a quote panels, 2 x pump stations controller and sensors ect 2700 plus vat. Plus the cost of the preinsulated pipework :freak:

Then there is the matter of my bill on top :66:

Not cheap I could supply and fit standard install for that plus 5% vat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wall mounted solar panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly using perimeter battens for support, I am attempting to install a fancy whirlpool/jacuzzi bath for my son. Plumbing and electrics are sorted but my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the chances/challenges of switching this round, i.e., fitting the toilet to the inside wall? Here's what I mean: So toilet would be hung from the stud wall, with...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming through the bedroom wall from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The shower is over the bath and the bathroom walls are tiled around three sides of...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
En-suite shower room refurb needed in Twyford RG10, Berkshire before end January (overall dimensions: 335 x 157cm) ———————————— • Remove existing corner shower cubicle and fit new larger 1500mm full-width doors, low profile 1500 x 900 resin tray and replace old Triton Ivory II 8.5kw electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock