Search the forum,

Discuss W/Machine waste very slow draining in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all , I am in new build house , the wash machine is in small utility room .
The machine is struggling to pump waste water away , all I can see is a small amount of pipe disappearing into wall / boxing , so my question is do you recommend putting a drain cleaning fluid down pipe if so do you have any recommendations please .
Howy

Hi all , I am in new build house , the wash machine is in small utility room .
The machine is struggling to pump waste water away , all I can see is a small amount of pipe disappearing into wall / boxing , so my question is do you recommend putting a drain cleaning fluid down pipe if so do you have any recommendations please .
Howy

Have you cleaned the Washing Machine filter out? or at least checked it is clean.

Have you cleaned the Washing Machine filter out? or at least checked it is clean.
Hi , I have checked the filter its a beco machine and the filter is hardly a filter its the smallest one I have seen on a machine ! also for the previous poster the machine is 2.5 years old , do you guys think the drain is ok and it could be w/m pump ! cheers howy

Not certain either way yet, I asked about age of machine as you said it was a new build. Is there a sink in the utility room, could the discharge pipe join that underneath and if so does the sink drain ok?

Not certain either way yet, I asked about age of machine as you said it was a new build. Is there a sink in the utility room, could the discharge pipe join that underneath and if so does the sink drain ok?
Sorry the implication was NEW build but 2.5 years old , no there isn't a sink in utility looking at the situation I think it might go into the stack from bathroom upstairs all enclosed as they are .

It's hard to say without seeing it. If it goes into the stack it should be via a deep seal trap. The waste pipe termination would be better accessible so I would probably start with getting a look at that and take it from there.

Needs more investigation I had one where the pipe was nearly solid with washing powder and a smiley mess had to be cut out and replaced , removing the washing machine stand pipe trap and cleaning it is the place to start . Kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to W/Machine waste very slow draining in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock