Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss W/Machine waste very slow draining in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. howy1

howy1 Member

Hi all , I am in new build house , the wash machine is in small utility room .
    The machine is struggling to pump waste water away , all I can see is a small amount of pipe disappearing into wall / boxing , so my question is do you recommend putting a drain cleaning fluid down pipe if so do you have any recommendations please .
    Howy

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

How old is the machine?

3. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have you cleaned the Washing Machine filter out? or at least checked it is clean.

4. howy1

howy1 Member

Hi , I have checked the filter its a beco machine and the filter is hardly a filter its the smallest one I have seen on a machine ! also for the previous poster the machine is 2.5 years old , do you guys think the drain is ok and it could be w/m pump ! cheers howy

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Not certain either way yet, I asked about age of machine as you said it was a new build. Is there a sink in the utility room, could the discharge pipe join that underneath and if so does the sink drain ok?

6. howy1

howy1 Member

Sorry the implication was NEW build but 2.5 years old , no there isn't a sink in utility looking at the situation I think it might go into the stack from bathroom upstairs all enclosed as they are .

7. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It's hard to say without seeing it. If it goes into the stack it should be via a deep seal trap. The waste pipe termination would be better accessible so I would probably start with getting a look at that and take it from there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Needs more investigation I had one where the pipe was nearly solid with washing powder and a smiley mess had to be cut out and replaced , removing the washing machine stand pipe trap and cleaning it is the place to start . Kop

• Like Like x 1