Discuss Vokera Compact 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a bizarre ignition fault on a Vokera compact 24 (old one not the HE) where the boiler will not fire with the outer combustion box cover on. It fires fine when its removed. I have been suspecting an air flow issue but, the flue is intact and clean both in the intake and exhaust. The heat exchanger is clean as a whistle, the air pressure switch has been replaced along with the sensing tube and appears to be working fine.

When I took the fan assembly off I managed to pull the spade connector out of the motor housing as it was all corroded, this snapped the thin wire and knacked the fan! So, the fan has had to be replaced which has meant a new venturi has been fitted. I took the venturi out and cleaned it anyway but still have the problem.

I checked the min and max gas pressures on the gas valve and they were slightly out (max by 1.5 mbar and min by 0.5) so i reset them to manufacturers recommendations and hey presto the boiler started working. However, I got 10 mins down the road and tenant rings back to say fault has returned and now I am back to square one! Gas pressures appear to be fine initially though it is modulating when it is supposed to be running at max rate. I am suspecting the gas valve but I am not confident enough to suggest changing it and getting stuck with the cost of the part!

Before I kick the thing off the wall does anyone have a clue what it could be? I hate suggesting they call Vokera out but I think I might have no other option other than suggesting a new boiler!

Cheers

Please read the forum rules. You need another post under your belt the apply to gas man for access into the private gsr forum.

This cannot be answered in open forum.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Compact 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back