Search the forum,

Discuss vokera 25he - can't work out heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 99918

so i've just moved into a new flat.
Vokera Compact 25HE boiler.
hot water works fine, boiler kicks in as normal when tap is run.

however, i can't for the life of me work out how to get the heating working.
there is no roomstat in the property.
the rads all have their TRVs set to 3 (out of 5), but are stone cold. pipes feeding the rads are also cold.

i've had a look at the boiler panel and it appears to be OK, it's pretty basic.

can anyone gives me any p0inters?

IMG_20180929_110224.jpg

IMG_20180929_110231.jpg

IMG_20180929_104903.jpg

Turn the dial switch from the sun to the snow flake

Then on the timer clock right side black switch push it down should come on then if it doesn't try moving the switch all the way up

But first if you have a room thermostat you need this all the way up eg calling for heat

i'll try that. i thought the snowflake was for the anti-freeze setting when it's not in use.

the black switch the right of the clock is currently in the middle which is apparently "auto".

there is no room stat anywhere in the property.

every rad has a TRV apart from the one in the hall which doesn't.

ok an update.
i turned the dial to the snowflake and it kicked into life.
all rads started to heat up, and the pressure gauge raised from 1.5 to about 2.5-2.7.

so i now have heating and hot water.
however, with a roomstat i'm guessing i'll have no way of controlling the room temperatures without having to adjust the boiler each time?
the black switch on the timer dial is set to auto.

i did notive the green LED was flashing constantly whilst it was heating up the rads.

i've found that the supplied manual doesn't really match what is physically on the boiler. it says the timer dial should be lined up against the white pointer, but mine doesn't have a pointer.
also, the section about the middle dial doesn't match what the boiler has either.

a final question about the TRVs and the rads.
the TRV goes from 1 to 5, and an OFF, but there is also a snowflake option too? (see pic).

there is also another nob on the other side of the rad (with a + and -), what does that do? (see pic).

IMG_20180930_130019.jpg

IMG_20180930_130023.jpg

IMG_20180930_130157.jpg

IMG_20180930_131146.jpg

on the boiler the snow flake is winter mode eg heating and hot water, sun is just hot water eg summer mode

correct other than time you dont have any room temp setting

snow flake on the trv is a frost setting eg background heat

normally bedrooms around 2-3
halls 3
living rooms 3-4 ish

find whats right for you

thats a lockshield have leave this one alone

i'm not sure if the lockshield has been turned/moved or not.
is there a way to know what it should be set to?

it's a 1 bedroom flat.
rad in living room.
rad in kitchen (which actually is joined to living room)
rad in hall (where front door is) - this doesn't have a TRV
rad in bedroom
rad in bathroom

the kitchen one i'll probably never use - so i guess either set that off or snowflake?
bathroom again, might never really be used, maybe set to 1 at best.

when you said "other than time you dont have any room temp setting" do you mean when the timer clock on the boiler is set to off?

if i was to get a wireless roomstat, would this give me better control?

one thing to note, the boiler is in the bedroom, and it's quite noisy. not ideal if you're trying to sleep and the boiler kicks in.

i would leave it if they heat up

set the kitchen to 1 and see how you go and its down to what you find that works for you

i mean it will run until you turn the clock off / until its set to eg 9am -11am

yes it would give you control over the air temp eg set it to 20 dc turns off when its in that range

thats down to your boiler there are some noisy and some quite

Reply to vokera 25he - can't work out heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
How a thermal store boiler works! I’ve got an old thermal store boiler and I’m trying to work out how it works. From what I understand the boiler keeps hot water at a steady temperature in the boiler whilst cold water enters into a coil which is held inside the hot water and this heats the cold...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock