Search the forum,

Discuss Vintage Vaillant appreciator for water section change - Somerset/Wells/Shepton in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guinness

My trusty old Vaillant VCW 242 has a leaky water valve (probably with a knackered diaphram too as HW response is v.slow) and I'm looking for a plumber to swap the valve out. Grub screw on bracket is stiff but moving so hopefully wont need to scrap the bracket too.

Tired of phoning local plumbers who want to replace my perfectly good boiler because they don't want to work on anything more than 20 minutes old :( Isn't there anyone out there who appreciates a classic?! :)

Stripping an open flue one and rebuilding next week. Your a tad far away. Bloke still had book.
yme4ynem.jpg

Well I'm glad to see someone is still loving them! I also still have the book.

The search continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vintage Vaillant appreciator for water section change - Somerset/Wells/Shepton in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our heating system due to loud knocking noises the year before and after tests of water were done he used F3, then DS40 & F1 per the results, but nearing the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
U
Hi, We have an Ideal Icos HE15 condensing boiler and a Myson programmer. In the cupboard upstairs there is a tank with immersion heater, a Myson valve and a Honeywell (40003916-001) T-shaped valve. Note, we've had the house from new and it is now 5-years old. The first symptom was noticed last...
Replies
Views
ukjbrown
U
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock