Search the forum,

Discuss vintage gas cooker needing a service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rubytuesday

have vintage gas cooker had for many years without problem now has tiny tiny leak on one of the on/off knobs am thinking it may just need a service and greasing or something .... cant seem to get anyone look at it and its a stunning museum piece dont want to loose it............we are in shropshire if anyone can help....most appreciated

If there's a gas leak leak then it's time to be pragmatic. If ANY Gas Safe Registered Engineers were to look at this and NOT sort it then there is only 1 course of action available, make safe. Probably disconnect and cap off the supply to the cooker.

You need to have this looked at now I'm afraid. Be safe.

Sadly I live too far away from you to pop around. It could be as simple as strip, grease and reassemble as you have suggested.

as you say if its a tap that needs grease you need a gsr to fix and test for you many old models required grease on the controls to achieve gas soundness youll need to find an older engineer with the experience to work on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vintage gas cooker needing a service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock