Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Vitotronic 300 K in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Just fitted a couple of viessmann 26kw system boilers cascaded together with the use of a Vitotronic 300k and weather comp.
All this is fitted in the cellar and the customer is now asking is it possible to use a Tado or Hive unit.
Has anyone here fitted any smart controls to a simliar set up?
I usally use Tado with opentherm but this vitotronic 300 doesnt have opentherm.

Fitted a vitoconnect 100 recommended by viessmann only to find out the Vicare app is not compatible with the 300k :-(

In theory yes but it will be on or off eg not opentherm

Just an update to this thread:
Customer is happy now the weather comp is working perfectly, the only niggle they have is having to go into the cellar to extend the heating program using party mode after the heating switches off at 10pm.
I suppose its a small price to pay instead of introducing smart controls that will upset the running of the weather comp etc.

I do have to say the 300K controller is still in the dark ages with only being able to set the heating temperture to the nearest full degree.
Plus not having any sort of remote control unit to extend the control from the cellar to say the kitchen is a bit of a bummer.
You wouldnt exactly mount the 300K controller in the kitchen lol

from memory they do do one but it is hard wired from the boiler. i may be wrong as i used to have a 200 with weather comp and you could get an extension of th econtrols but it was hard wired dont know about the 300k

Yes your right, they do one but it only connects to a boiler and not the 300k controller which is controlling two boilers. So Ideally something needs to remote control the 300k
Both Viessmann and Tado won't commit to a solution so I'm leaving it as it is.

to be honest i only used to change the temp on my wather comp occasionally once you are used to it you never touch it

I'm using a 100 system boiler with weather comp and a Viessmann opentherm programmable room stat. Works great for me, I've had a Tado on the system as well to test that and works great.
Just about to try out the Honeywell lyric using opentherm now.
I like to try all the smart controls myself before selling them to my customers

It gives my Mrs the option to change the room temperature without going into my garage if you know what I mean

We use a log burner so it's handy to knock off the boiler using the room stat.

As bazaar as it all sounds it works really well for us.
Having control of the boiler remotely from the garage is must for us

When testing the Tado system I had to disable the weather compensation.
Again this worked equally as well as weather compensation on its own.

Honeywell t6 is good and easy to use haven't tested the open tho on it

Reply to Viessmann Vitotronic 300 K in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock