Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Vitodens 050-W 35kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard978

Gas Engineer
Anyone fitted one of these boilers and if so what is their opinion of them. Got a Combi to Combi swap and my merchant is selling them for £700.00 with flue. Seems like a bargain but also too good to be true considering I usually pay about £1000.00 for a Worcester

Normally fit the Worcester 30CDI and just wondering how they compare.

Cheers

Very good but you do need to clean the system

Very good but you do need to clean the system

The current system is clean, already fitted with a magnaclean and very little dirt on the magnet and will clean before I fit anyway using my rapid cleanse.

Do you know the difference between the 050w and the
100-W. Both the same input and flow rate but massive difference in price.

I've been thinking about dropping worcestor for a while because they are getting very expensive even for accredited installer but i don't like Vaillant so its always hard to find a comparable brand that matches the quality.

Great boilers , the 050 is about all I fit these days , havnt done a 100 in ages

If you can go for the 100 the 50 is Viessmann's budget boiler sort of

The 050 is a good boiler but very sensitive to debris or blocking due to rubber hoses holding iron oxide, the thing with Worcester is if you have a problem 6years down the line they will change everything with no quibbles which is and can be a life saver for you and your customer as for viessmann they are ok but will move the goal posts later on , just like I find Ideal do.
Good luck

The 050 is a good boiler but very sensitive to debris or blocking due to rubber hoses holding iron oxide, the thing with Worcester is if you have a problem 6years down the line they will change everything with no quibbles which is and can be a life saver for you and your customer as for viessmann they are ok but will move the goal posts later on , just like I find Ideal do.
Good luck

Sorry pal , will have to disagree with 2 points there , 7 years warrenty on an 050 , they will come out and replace anything that needs replacing , no arguing, no goalposts moving etc unless you know something I dont .
Rubber hoses are fine as long as the system is clean and has no crud and no inhibitor .

Sorry pal , will have to disagree with 2 points there , 7 years warrenty on an 050 , they will come out and replace anything that needs replacing , no arguing, no goalposts moving etc unless you know something I dont .
Rubber hoses are fine as long as the system is clean and has no crud and no inhibitor .

Yes and no I've heard in the past other installers having problems with warrenty

But I've never had an issue so it could be down to them slapping them in on dirty systems etc

Yes and no I've heard in the past other installers having problems with warrenty

But I've never had an issue so it could be down to them slapping them in on dirty systems etc

If there’s anything wrong whatsoever with the boiler thats Viessmanns fault they will sort it , if some numpty installer or house owner has mucked about with it , they will walk away , so would I .

If there’s anything wrong whatsoever with the boiler thats Viessmanns fault they will sort it , if some numpty installer or house owner has mucked about with it , they will walk away , so would I .

Yep and that's most of the issue rubbish installers not doing there job

The 050 is viesmmans trade/site boiler I haven't fitted one usually the 100 would install 200's but they are too expensive.

I wasn't aware of the rubber hoses and sort of puts me off as I can remember the old vaillant hoses bursting and destroying very expensive boilers.

Also you say no inhibitor but surely that would make it worse and shorten the life of the entire system.

I wasn't aware of the rubber hoses and sort of puts me off as I can remember the old vaillant hoses bursting and destroying very expensive boilers.

Also you say no inhibitor but surely that would make it worse and shorten the life of the entire system.

100’s are now all copper no hoses , 050’s on hoses .
As for inhibitor , its what Viessmann say , they do not want chemicals in their boilers , having saying that I have been fitting them for over 10 years and used to put inhibitor in my early installs , but dont anymore . Still the best boilers available by a mile .

100’s are now all copper no hoses , 050’s on hoses .
As for inhibitor , its what Viessmann say , they do not want chemicals in their boilers , having saying that I have been fitting them for over 10 years and used to put inhibitor in my early installs , but dont anymore . Still the best boilers available by a mile .

Im more concerned about the effect of having no inhibitor on the radiators and the sludge that would be produced.

if you have no air in the system you wont have any sludge / corrosion

In theory but water does contain air and often corrosion will cause gas build up in radiators. That's why we add inhibitor, this chemical apparently slows down corrosion.

I may be wrong buts what I was always told..

They sound like good boilers but from what you lot have said there are some hidden costs and also I don't know enough about this brand to start installing them right away.

The more bolt on requirements often means warranty issues if you don't add an air separator for example. It also means that the space required to install the boiler increases, as no customer wants to see an air separator sticking out in their kitchen.

Costs of these components also pushes the price up. The air separator comes to me at about £70.00 so add that to the £60.00 for magna clean and then another £80.00 for the jig which I prefer to use.....its now getting expensive.

Id prefer not to go for the 50w if it has rubber hoses as they are like magnets for dirt and I've been to a lot of vaillants that simply popped like a balloon and pumped out the entire heating system into a customers kitchen.

So for a 35kw 100w boiler I'm probably approaching nearly £1500.00 with all the bits plus my labour now makes a combi swap close to £2100.00. Thats £500.00 more than a worcestor.....

They sound like good boilers but from what you lot have said there are some hidden costs and also I don't know enough about this brand to start installing them right away.

The more bolt on requirements often means warranty issues if you don't add an air separator for example. It also means that the space required to install the boiler increases, as no customer wants to see an air separator sticking out in their kitchen.

Costs of these components also pushes the price up. The air separator comes to me at about £70.00 so add that to the £60.00 for magna clean and then another £80.00 for the jig which I prefer to use...its now getting expensive.

Id prefer not to go for the 50w if it has rubber hoses as they are like magnets for dirt and I've been to a lot of vaillants that simply popped like a balloon and pumped out the entire heating system into a customers kitchen.

So for a 35kw 100w boiler I'm probably approaching nearly £1500.00 with all the bits plus my labour now makes a combi swap close to £2100.00. Thats £500.00 more than a worcestor...

Your swapping to a Worcester for £1600

Boiler flue and bits are around £1200 so your only charging 400 for labour and fittings

Keep with Worcester mate your have no worries, as I say viessmann are good but a way to go in terms of service, but good luck :)

I ended up fitting a intergas on this occasion, customer was on a budget and I managed to get a 36kw rf for £400.00. A very quick install and the only extras was a magna clean and rf controls.

first time I've put one in and I have to say I was pretty impressed but time will tell on the reliability as there wasn't a lot inside the case.

I always struggle with combination boilers because I normally install system or heat only. Never know what to buy.

That’s a really good price mate glad all good and customer happy!!

It's a struggle competing at the moment because there are a lot of plumbers sticking in Vokera around here and I just can't buy a cheaper alternative. Go in with a worcestor and I'm about £1000.00 more expensive. I only got that boiler cheap because it was on offer.

I know mate I would be worried if I was Worcester but now they have jumped in bed with boxt they know sales will even themselves out. I’ve lost out to boxt a few times as they are so cheap and spreading the payments is a huge pull for customers know a day, to be fair I went round a couple of there jobs as I replaced taps in bath and an immersion on another,and they did a nice job. Worrying for me and other 1man companies though :(
Glad all went well mate

I know mate I would be worried if I was Worcester but now they have jumped in bed with boxt they know sales will even themselves out. I’ve lost out to boxt a few times as they are so cheap and spreading the payments is a huge pull for customers know a day, to be fair I went round a couple of there jobs as I replaced taps in bath and an immersion on another,and they did a nice job. Worrying for me and other 1man companies though :(
Glad all went well mate

Rates are good from boxt to sub ;)

IMG_3341.jpg

Thanks mate interesting to know, they seem to be flying , boxt that is. I suppose if you can’t beat them join them a?! The local rep was quite when asked about boxt but it appears sales are above what wai are doing so they don’t care. Shame really

If you read into it boxt don't have anything to do with Worcester boilers / the company

It's a struggle competing at the moment because there are a lot of plumbers sticking in Vokera around here and I just can't buy a cheaper alternative. Go in with a worcestor and I'm about £1000.00 more expensive. I only got that boiler cheap because it was on offer.
Where did you get the Intergas boiler so cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann Vitodens 050-W 35kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock