Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann boiler some advice required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Colin Parkinson

We have just moved house and the boiler is a Vitodens 222-F with Vitotronic 200 control unit with weather compensation.
I understand that the heating will come on at times even though the programmer is not calling for heat. But I am not happy with this.

For example the stat is set at 19deg, sun is on the living room, room temp is 22 deg, and the radiators are on, even though the clock is turned off.

Also middle of the night, heating comes on, bedroom gets up to 19 deg, too warm to sleep! But clock is off until 8.00!

Is there a way I can control the boiler in a conventional way using this programmer?

Any other ideas guys?

Set the program / new times as it’s still controlled

Still uses times

@townfanjon

Have you set the heating program ?

As the boiler doesn’t fire / heat for no reason

Its hard to say without seeing it but it sounds like your setback temp is too high ( moon icon )
Press bottom button ( three lines , three dots )
Press ok on heating
Go to reduced temp , press ok, and set at approx 13 degrees , press ok , exit by pressing top button ( back button)
What was the setback temp

It sounds as if the weather compensation has not been properly adjusted. If you have the user manual, there are instructions as to how you adjust the level and slope of the control curve.

If the boiler comes on when it should be off, the set-back temperature is too high.

If rads are hot when the TRV is set to a low number, the TRV may be stuck. Remove the head and check that the pin protruding from the body can be pressed down (use an appropriate tool, e.g a piece of wood) and springs up when released. Tapping the side of the valve body may release a stuck pin.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been on to Viessmann today. It turns out the setback temperature was too high, and the remote was not talking to the boiler properly.

Reply to Viessmann boiler some advice required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning, I have a job later this week with the above , Viessmann Vitodens System boiler. It has a 4 pipe setup with internal diverter and at present there is a wireless thermostat/programmer controller in the hallway. Customer wants a Honeywell Evohome System and I just wondered if I can wire...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am about to get the attached Viessmann 100-w heat only boiler with pump and diverter valve. Current boiler - Non Condensing System - OV, CH only, no DHW Feeder Tank - Yes Expansion vessel - No Pressure Relief Valve - Yes Filter - No RF connections - 22mm NG pipe - 15mm from meter to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Y plan open vent system, boiler 30+ years old, and requires replacement. My plumber is recommending fitting a new Viessmann 11kw System boiler in the current boilers position. The problem is he plans to run two new separate pipes fro the boiler to the hot water cylinder. Once this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock