Search the forum,

Discuss Vented water cylinder query? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys.

On a vented cylinder if the hot water is scorching hot and it's pumping over, does it point to the cylinder stat?

or port valve stuck open etc

providing power to the boiler sl?

Check if actuator moves when heat.
Check if heat is still passing through the body of the motorised valve when actuator is removed and valve spindle is turned to off position.
Check if immersion heater switch actually isolates power, plus test immersion stat

Check if actuator moves when heat.
Check if heat is still passing through the body of the motorised valve when actuator is removed and valve spindle is turned to off position.
Check if immersion heater switch actually isolates power, plus test immersion stat
I'm not clued up with checking electrics tbf. I don't own a multimeter it's that bad.

I'm not clued up with checking electrics tbf. I don't own a multimeter it's that bad.

I was same as you, but now use one.
The basics are easy and even solely as a safety check to confirm no power leakage, it is essential.
Get a spark to tell you how to do the basic checks, - power, continuity, etc.

I was same as you, but now use one.
The basics are easy and even solely as a safety check to confirm no power leakage, it is essential.
Get a spark to tell you how to do the basic checks, - power, continuity, etc.
I have been trying to get on the Baxi course but there's such a long wait all the time.

If the zone valve was stuck open does the cylinder stat just send a signal back to the valve? If so can they be freed up or is it best to change the whole thing? Thanks again.

If the brass valve body is easy to turn by hand, plus shutting tight off and valve only 3 or 4 years old max, then just the actuator head replaced would be okay.
But otherwise replace entire valve, which usually are little, if any extra cost anyhow, compared to just the actuator.

Last edited:
Can also be other type of blockage, valve letting by or stuck (brass body needing changing - not just actuator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vented water cylinder query? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock