Search the forum,

Discuss Vent pipe leak?? Lead flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys. I’m after advice on a vent pipe allowing water to pass through the lead? What she the best sealant or tape to reseal the lead to the vent pipe, which is plastic? Cheers guys

I’m unsure what’s happening up there as I haven’t got access to it today. It’s my brothers house. He cut the vent pipe in the loft a while back but didn’t mention that the piece through the roof had fell inside. He’s pushed it back up and obviously it’s disturbed a seal of some sort. I can see the gaps around the pipe from inside the loft. Although they’re not very big.

I can see the gaps around the pipe from inside the loft. Although they’re not very big.
When you get access to the roof, dry off the pipe and slate if wet, and seal up with a good quality sanitary silicone or a gungy roofing mastic and add a weathering collar as Shaun advises.

Don't forget to put the 'bird's nest' (vent terminal) back on, or fit one if it's missing... ATB

Reply to Vent pipe leak?? Lead flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock