Search the forum,

Discuss Velux solar panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlead1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a zinc roof to install. Velux panels are to be fitted, which require me to flash around. However its not clear with the information i have to determine whether the flow and returns from the panels pass through the roof with in the area of panel or adjacent to panels. Has any one experiance with these units?

I have a zinc roof to install. Velux panels are to be fitted, which require me to flash around. However its not clear with the information i have to determine whether the flow and returns from the panels pass through the roof with in the area of panel or adjacent to panels. Has any one experiance with these units?

If there intergrated in roof then flow and return will be under solar panel flashing

Justlead we are in the process of fitting this week , I will try and look tomorrow . Instructions are rubbish !!!! They also tell you not to follow the video on the website !!!

Thanks for the info. Although i will not be doing this job until January. I might well make a video of the panel installation (a plumber pal of mine is installing this) and post it on You Tube. What do you think?

I will be on the roof tomorrow afternoon and will get some info for you .
I would not video the Velux ones I am not impressed with the kit.

Its as Gray said the connections are all at the bottom of the panels and under the supplied flashing. If you are having 2 panels you get achoice of distances the panels are apart and again the connections are at the bottom under the flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Velux solar panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I am a newbie here! I am a sparky by trade and have been rebuilding/extending/developing our property for 3 years! (living on site in mobile home!) The building has being totally refurbished and insulated above the latest building regulations. Upvc windows and doors have been installed...
Replies
Views
Imagine what life would be like without a modern plumbing system. How would you cope without running water or flushing toilets? Water is the most essential nutrient for life on earth; it forms the basis of a healthy diet and lifestyle. The world today with its large, high-density population...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Ok, BG have contacted me regarding an offer they have on these They will supply, fit, insure, and maintain solar panels for free for me on my roof I get to use the electricity from them they get the extra supply to feed back into their supplies Sounds good so whats the catch I was asking...
Replies
Views
E
Hi, I have a 300 litre heat store and want to install a 30 tube KSpan HP200 panel. The quotes I have locally are high so I was toying with the idea of doing it myself. ## How easy is it? (I have done all the plumbing so far in my house - 15/22mm yorkshire etc). I've found a roofer to...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to fit a shower for a customer. He wants a pumped unit fitted to his new en-suite. My query concerns his solar panel heating, I've been looking and asking about the syatem he has installed. He has a conventional single coil vented hot water cylinder fed by his boiler primaries...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock