Search the forum,

Discuss VAT question on the flat rate scheme in relation to charging for materials in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_d_o_t

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys
i just want to double check before i go ahead that i have this right, i have just gone on the flat rate scheme for vat and i have just realised that if i pick up and make purchase of a boiler for say £1000 from my supplier and only charge the customer the £1000 that i paid for it.

with the 9.5% rate i am on i will have just lost out on £95 to HMRC is that correct?

thanks

Worsley

Anyone know of a forum for accountants? Going to need some help soon.

Why on gods earth would anybody be selling goods on for what they paid for them. It's business not a charity.

Why on gods earth would anybody be selling goods on for what they paid for them. It's business not a charity.
Might not have been doing it long or lots of plumbers in area and to stay competitive?

Been here for 7yrs Harvest and even if lots in the area that is no way to run a business.
Keep forgetting you can see how long people have been on here :rolleyes: my bad. Also I understand mate, you are right.

No guys i agree completely, i always intend on making a profit on materials, but there is them situations where you might be willing to do the boiler at cost just to get the job or if its a friend ect

i just want to make sure that i am not stinging myself in the process if that is the case.

the amount of customers who are internet surfers these days can find out the cost of boilers online ect

No guys i agree completely, i always intend on making a profit on materials, but there is them situations where you might be willing to do the boiler at cost just to get the job or if its a friend ect

i just want to make sure that i am not stinging myself in the process if that is the case.

the amount of customers who are internet surfers these days can find out the cost of boilers online ect
I don’t care how much it is online. Is what I say In so many words.

The amount of Value added tax (VAT) a business pays the HMRC or claims back is actually the difference between the VAT charged on the invoice for the goods and services sold to the customer and VAT charged on the inwards invoice received by the business on its purchases. By using a flat rate VAT scheme:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to VAT question on the flat rate scheme in relation to charging for materials in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a little problem or a question if all you experienced people can put me straight please? I am just a bit surprised - I had a call out for a plumbing job - in London - the flat is rented out. The kitchen sink was blocked. I called out one company, they did not fix it, and that was £95...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is labour/materials.. shockingly it was from friends so it's taken its toll on me mentally if I'm honest.. I'm don't think I'm outrageously pricey but I do a...
Replies
Views
My account is very active and sent me this, might be helpful to some? Self-employment Income Support Scheme If you are self-employed or a member of a partnership and you have lost income due to coronavirus, you may be able to claim a taxable grant worth 80% of your trading profits up to a...
Replies
Views
Was today the deadline for submitting something vat related? I'm not vat registered so don't know. This maintenance firm that I've been doing some subbie work for said they were supposed to submit their vat whatever it is today but because I haven't handed in my receipts for materials I've...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps just one person. I came to plumbing late in life and went on a course that you qualify in 10 weeks. I was hit with all the negativity that no one...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock