Search the forum,

Discuss vat help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys...just after some of your knowledge on vat and when and if i need to be vat registered.
i want to know how much do i have to earn before i have to become vat registered? and is vat based on the profit i make or the turnover i do?
say if my turnover for the year was £80,000 but my profit was only £25,000 do i have to pay vat?
cheers.

Not 100% but I think its done on turnover not profit and I think your in the bracket to pay the VAT etc.......

Probably not what you wanted to hear:rolleyes:

Sorry

Not 100% but I think its done on turnover not profit and I think your in the bracket to pay the VAT etc.......

Probably not what you wanted to hear:rolleyes:

Sorry
that was just a scenario......i don't think i'm anywhere near that yet!! lol

its based on turnover for the preceding 12 months and when that hits around £67k you must register for vat. if you leave it to the end of the tax yr and find your turnover is over 67k then fines will follow or at least you will have to pay the vat owing, ie what you would have charged your customers if they had to pay vat on your bills, which can be very painful, you want to go back to a builder after 6 months and ask for vat owing, not good

Go to a accountant, but as I understand the threshold to be vat registered is 100K.

thanks for your help guys,i'll have a look at my books and see what's goin on.

Best if you can stay under £67k if you are close. Getting customers to buy their own suites etc can help keep you under. If you go over it's more hassle and expense with accountants etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vat help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock