Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant ecotec pro base thermostat broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi pictures say it all really..

The knob to turn to adjust the temp of heating,(and hot water) just free wheels, and pulls off.

Can I just stick a screw driver or something in and twist?

Is there a way to work out what it's set at?

Is there an easy perm fix?

Thanks

20181123_120343.jpg

20181123_120352.jpg

Easy perm fix is to get a gas safe engineer in to replace the knob. As they will have to remove the cover to fit a new one

Using a pair of pin nosed pliers just wriggle the shaft. The temperature will be displayed in the window. Adjust as required.

how much to sort this job? i can see you can replacement knob for about ÂŁ10. should i attempt? how much for a engineer to do is a fair price? greenwich

Hours labour and a coffee. We don’t talk prices on here

You won’t know without a gas safe engineer as you can’t take off the cover legally I’m afraid

please don’t poke a screwdriver through, the plastic insert goes into a live connection.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant ecotec pro base thermostat broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I keep reading about how you should use a smart thermostat. Set it to the temp to want the home to be and hey presto it takes care of itself. But realistically who does this or rather who does this work for. With mine I just use it to turn the heating on now and then for short periods...
Replies
Views
The bloomin' heating temperature knob has broken (don't ask me how!) and so we can not adjust or turn on the heating Is there any chance of a replacement and how hard to fit? Its an old model unfortunately See below
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Hi. Looking for some advice on thermostats. I've got a Vaillant 835 Ecotec Plus set up but have not yet installed a thermostat. The house is approx 100sqm, a victorian terrace but fairly well insulated under the ground floor and in the loft. It has two zones: 25sqm of liquid underfloor on a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock