Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant thermos compact VU 242 intermittent lock out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, I’m new to the forum, a plumber for 30 years - I have the above boiler and am getting intermittent lock out. I’ve also noticed when topping up the boiler, if I leave the filling loop,open it won’t charge above (not that I want it to) 1 1/2 bar but normally when filling loop is open a boiler would exceed 3 bar and blow out the discharge pipe. Could this mean something is wrong with the expansion vessel or give any clues to the lock out. FYI I have changed the differential switch, cleaned small tube between that and the pump. Visually boiler light goes to low flame, won’t go to final ignition and times, then other times a clicking sound comes from right hand side of boiler and top orange light flashes with clicking sound then fires up. This problem happened a few years ago, I changed boards but didn’t correct problem then engineer found gas valve blocked with debris from iron gas pipe, but doesn’t seem to be the problem this time.I would be grateful for any advice here.

Many thanks.
Kev

Are you gas safe ?

Not qualified but a plumber with 30years experience, plumbing and heating engineer before the ‘red tape’

Doesn't matter get a gas safe engy out as your not qualified to work on gas appliance

Sorry to say

Well i guess your a jumped up plumber who brought into this money making crap do you know the right to head gas safe goes out to tender highest bidder gets all about the money.had you lot out waste of time think you know but know Damn all they change e rules all the time keep your little book with you .because you haven't got a clue

Well i guess your a jumped up plumber who brought into this money making crap do you know the right to head gas safe goes out to tender highest bidder gets all about the money.had you lot out waste of time think you know but know **** all they change e rules all the time keep your little book with you .because you haven't got a clue
Just reading your initial post, you’re asking basic school boy questions. So after 30 years, you ain’t learnt much

Well i guess your a jumped up plumber who brought into this money making crap do you know the right to head gas safe goes out to tender highest bidder gets all about the money.had you lot out waste of time think you know but know **** all they change e rules all the time keep your little book with you .because you haven't got a clue

:D good post

I would suggest if you want to repair your boiler and you think it's easy take your gas qualification if you think it's that easy and show us up

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant thermos compact VU 242 intermittent lock out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock