Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant flow restrictor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone else had complaints of poor hot flow on Vaillant combis?
They are restricted to the lpm that allows the boiler to give a 42 degree rise
24kw 8lpm
30kw 10lpm
It means the water is hot but the flow “isn’t as good as the old boiler”

Anyone else had complaints of poor hot flow on Vaillant combis?
They are restricted to the lpm that allows the boiler to give a 42 degree rise
24kw 8lpm
30kw 10lpm
It means the water is hot but the flow “isn’t as good as the old boiler”
This is why you end up fitting an 835 in place of an 30 kw old boiler in a 3 bed. As the old boiler probably did 13lpm and a 30 kw Vaillant will not do that. So you have to fit the 835 and range rate the heating.

This is why you end up fitting an 835 in place of an 30 kw old boiler in a 3 bed. As the old boiler probably did 13lpm and a 30 kw Vaillant will not do that. So you have to fit the 835 and range rate the heating.
It means the boiler costs more and needs a gas upgrade
It’s a shame you can’t remove the restrictor and fit one that allows a 35 degree rise

It means the boiler costs more and needs a gas upgrade
It’s a shame you can’t remove the restrictor and fit one that allows a 35 degree rise
That’s why it is important to check flow rates when upgrading boilers and not just banging in a direct replacement. Vaillant have a 15mm connection on the gas. I have only ever had to upgrade about 5 gas pipes in my time.

Most boilers have restrictions stops too much flow going through the plate and giving warm water

Baxi in the tails
Worcester in the plate/ pipes to the plate
Vaillant in the iso valves
Etc

Most boilers have restrictions stops too much flow going through the plate and giving warm water

Baxi in the tails
Worcester in the plate/ pipes to the plate
Vaillant in the iso valves
Etc
Restricting to allow a 35degree rise is understandable.

Restricting to allow a 35degree rise is understandable.

42 most are now starting to do especially on the lower kw as winter time there not getting as hot eg 35 degrees etc

Reply to Vaillant flow restrictor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock