Search the forum,

Discuss vaillant blew up! eco Tec plus 831 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
custard rang last week, boiler is going out intermittently, he can't remember the fault code... so I take a look, stuck it on chimney sweep to see if anything is untoward. Nothing fires runs... then it went to F75... so I said I'll come back with the flow switch and recommend a drain down and flush out, fresh chemicals... one thing and another, planned to go Monday. Last night he rang to say the boiler had literally blown up, bit red flash of flames and conked, He turned off gas and electric- lucky sensible chap. F29 fault.
Has anyone had this before? Thought boilers failed to safe?

Seen it with the old ones eg didn’t have the g10 gasket changed flames coming out of the front of the boiler etc

I've seen a couple with explosive ignition due to a faulty PCB.
They were running through the ignition sequence but not igniting due to lack of spark until the very last second. The chamber was filled with Gas air mixture when the spark finally appeared and they went with a bang. A scary bang too.

Reply to vaillant blew up! eco Tec plus 831 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock