Search the forum,

Discuss Vailant TurboMax VUW 242 - No hot water, heating constantly on, water dripping from underneath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello there!

Yesterday we turned on the heating as it had been off for a while (due to the heat we've had here).
My brother went for a shower but noticed that the water wasn't hot.
We reset the boiler (Vailant Turbomax VUW 242 - 2004 install) a couple of times and the problem is still present.
I've also noticed that even though the heating is set to 'off' on the boiler and the thermostat is off, the heaters remain hot. We've also noticed droplets of water dripping from the bottom of the boiler. I've not removed the front face or had a look.
What would people say is the problem? We've rung our insurance company and they said they'll send someone out today but we'd like to know roughly the costing. :(
We've turned the boiler off as it was getting too hot due to the radiators.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Rik

What kind of insurance?

Hello there Shaun,

It's direct line Home Response 24.

If that includes the boiler you shouldn't have to pay anything

Oh yes, it is included. Just really worrying :(
Would it be the Diverter valve do you think?

Sorry can't say on an open forum due to anyone could try a diy repair

Sorry can't say on an open forum due to anyone could try a diy repair
No worries, understood :)
The Engineer was around, had a good look and identified that it was the diverter valve and there was a fair bit of water inside on the wiring. They should be in touch tomorrow with what they're going to do.

The engineer (from the insurance company) deemed it not fixable however, we got a second opinion from a private engineer and he managed to replace the diverter valve and it's been working fine ever since!

Reply to Vailant TurboMax VUW 242 - No hot water, heating constantly on, water dripping from underneath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock