Search the forum,

Discuss Using manrose 1351 to provide pump overrun on ideal icos 1351. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DOUBLEPLUG

Folks, some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Setup is Ideal Icis HE 24 serving Albion Thermalstore.

Ideal has no pump overrun feature but I am experiencing a little kettling when the boiler pump shuts down when cyl stat turns it off . If I wire boiler pump to be on permanently 24/7 no issues but this is a bit of a waste of energy.

Following another thread I purchased a Manrose 1351 external fan timer and took the S/L from the Cyl Stat common that also provides the S/L back to Icos. Problem is that the Icos doesn't seem to like the Manrose being on the same S/L. Boiler should normally display 0 when waiting to being called. As soon as I introduce the Manrose onto the switched live it immediatly stops displaying the 0 and and switches to displaying "c" and flashing burner light. it's as if the Manrose electronics is somehow disabling the S/L on the boiler? The boiler then gets called by its own internal Stat and fires but shuts down as the pump is not running - it is controlled by the cylinder Stat.

I cannot see any other way of getting S/L to the Manrose? Has anybody had similar experience trying to use the Manrose?

DOUBLEPLUG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Using manrose 1351 to provide pump overrun on ideal icos 1351. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock