Search the forum,

Discuss Using existing copper M10 tails for push fit connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Is it possible to cut existing M10 copper tails feeding existing monobloc tap at the 15mm section and then connect push fit M10 tap flexies?

Reason I ask is that the original M10 copper tails are eminating from two compression 15mm isolation valves with a lot of other pipework in the way and wanted to cut the copper and push the new flexies on (either Hep20 or speedfit) for customer's new tap.

Thanks for any advice

Mart

You can do but can't cut it with a hacksaw needs to be a pipe slice but I doubt you will get that in

You can do but can't cut it with a hacksaw needs to be a pipe slice but I doubt you will get that in
Thanks ShaunCorbs just don't fancy disturbing the compression joints and all the other stuff in the way. I think I can use my pipe slice to cut and leave enough of the 15mm end of the copper tails before they taper off. Just wanted to make sure that the tails are 15mm all the way until it goes narrower and that push fits with the brands quoted would hold.

Yes aslong as you do / cut enough away from the tapers / reduced

Reply to Using existing copper M10 tails for push fit connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression: https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-/58294 If not, please could someone let me know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock