Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Upstairs Toilet Draining into ground floor soil stack. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Chappers

Chappers New Member

I'm looking to connect an upstairs toilet into an existing ground floor soil stack. Is the solution I've drawn out possible or does the soil stack vent need to be above the connecting appliance still?

Red is the proposed new pipework and brown the existing.

Let me know any questions.

Toilet Drain.png

2. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

https://assets.publishing.service.g...achment_data/file/442889/BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdf
    I have a question, do you don't that what you are proposing is covered by the Building Regulations & is notifiable to your local BCO?
    What is required is set out in the attached link to AD Part H (1).

If you are not sure what is required employ someone because your drawing means nothing unless we can see it in context of the building & the appliances connected.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  3. WC1

WC1 Active Member

AAV will need to be above all of the appliances going in to it. 200mm above the flood level (rim) of the basin in your new bathroom, otherwise when water backs up in a blockage it pours out of the AAV rather than backing up into the basin where you can see it and deal with it. Check regs as above

4. Chappers

Chappers New Member

Thanks both, very helpful