Search the forum,

Discuss Upgrade heating at home Solid fuel + mixer valve + weather comp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ecowarm

My own heating was an open fire with back boiler which is now outside the front gate waiting for the metal fairies to make it disapear.

Fit a Stratford Ecoboiler HE7 and use existing cylinder for now, was on gravity...... now fully pumped.

Fit a heat leak radiator >10% the output of the boiler on gravity, going to fit a normally open 2 port to this at a later date. So it will only come on if power off.

Fit a 4 port mixer valve and controller, room stat, flow to rads sensor, boiler return sensor and outside sensor.

Up size cold feed to 22mm

I now can regulate the regulate the minimum and maximum return to boiler temp (as long as power is on) its now set at min65c max85c, boiler stat set to 5. MI say minimum return temp 45c which on gravity can take a long time. This setup is up to temp in a few mins.

Once the controller senses the return is up to minimum it starts to send some percentage to the rads.
Keeping an eye on the outside temp and indoor temp and return it varies the flow and temp to suit.

I have tested it with the power off and the east start air inlet left open (this bypasses the thermo air flap) with a full load of wood, secondary air open. This is the worst situation you coud get apart from a bit of clincker getting jammed in the air inlet flap and stopping the termostat shutting down completely. The heat leak rad takes all the heat and boiler does not boil.

House is now nice and toasty. The only problem is the controller puts out excess heat to rads if max temp reached, its now 24c in the hall according to room stat.

Its in the living room and its a multifuel stove, was going to get wood only but needed the optoin if short on wood

Sounds Great Ecowarm , I have installed 3 way load valves before but not a 4 port mixer valve . You must be good at Electrics as well as plumbing to work out a system that you describe !!!

The controller came from Poland with instructions in Polish, In a previous email the company i bought it off said it could be changed to English and had emailed instructions in English. But it did not say how to change it! A futher email to the makers asking how resulted in instructions in english and a paragraph exlaining how.

Its a lot easier in english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Upgrade heating at home Solid fuel + mixer valve + weather comp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been told that I can't have a mains pressure unvented hot water cylinder with a back boiler on a wood burning stove as the heat source is uncontrollable. Is there a method to make the heat source controllable? I was imagining that if the cylinder was at its maximum temperature then if...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really stuck with an issue I have with our soliud fuel back boiler system and my novice understanding is pretty much out of ideas so I'd really appreciate some advice. We've recently moved into a new place that has the hot water and central heating powered by a stove in the lounge...
Replies
Views
Evening chaps. As the title says, can a boiler with weather comp run with an optimising room stat? I have a Glowworm Flexicom 35cx that can accept an external (outside) sensor, and the main controls is a Honeywell CMT927 optimising room stat. Reason I ask is I think they will fight each other as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock