Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented heating system, unusual boiler fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Pauld1962

DiddlyP
Called to a customer today and the system boiler keeps repressurising on its own ... After I dropped out all the pressure I watched as it refilled ... The filling loop was disconnected at the time ... Customer reports that it's never done it before ... The only way I could stop it was to turn off the cold mains ... !! ... Any help appreciated ..

Combi boiler ?

It's an old system boiler Vaillant thermocompact vu 282/1e ... Unvented cylinder ... Is there a test for split coil and what causes it ... They use the immersion most of the time as solar power is available ..

Drain & valve off cylinder coil in that way they can still use the immersion or Solar for domestic hot water.
The heating system pressure should stop rising. If so it is the coil & you will have to order a new cylinder.

I isolated the F&R at the boiler at 1.5bar and it held .. Once the return was opened the pressure rose immediately and water meter was turning over .

Probably cylinder coil gone then.
Is it a copper unvented cylinder, or stainless steel?
If you are not G3 qualified, just be aware if no isolating valve on mains supply to unvented cylinder, then only install one BEFORE the combination valve. (Between the combination valve and cylinder must not have any valve)

Reply to Unvented heating system, unusual boiler fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock