Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented discharge waste pie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What manufacturer and pipe/fittings do you guys use for waste pipe when running a discharge from an unvented cylinder to a soil stack?

High temp mupvc solvent weld

I normally aim for discharge outside too. Unfortunately I cant on this one. Is high temp Mupvc allowed? I thought it had to be pushfit? I never use pushfit wastes for anything, so not sure which is correct material

Yes mupvc is allowed and approved

Shaun, could you please provide a link to the regs saying that its ok? All I can find is it saying it should be pushfit and polyethylene or polybutalene

Yes np

Can’t find it now will look later

That's what I was looking at and couldn't see any mention of Mupvc?

No, well, like all other rules and regs, you are supposed to use your interpretation of those rules and regs and be able to demonstrate should it prove necessary that you - being the responsible person - did the right thing in the eyes of other professionals in your own field who may be judging your work after the fact, so to speak.

We all know that the possibility of melting a soil pipe with a constant flow of boiling water is slim but it 'could' happen. You need to think worst case scenario at times like this.

That's why I always take them outside in metal and terminate them as per the rules. Until of course someone gives it to me in writing that the plastic will handle a constant flow of boiling water (if you can get that from the manufacturer, brilliant). Until then and where I am concerned, it's a case of my way....relocate the unit.....or get someone else to do it for you.

I am about to replace a small water heater in a School. The previous installers have left a disaster waiting to happen. The unit has been in ten years with no expansion vessel, a stop tap after the PRV and the D1 directly into a plastic waste and then soil pipe. They have never inspected the anode inside either, hence the failure.

Thing is, nothing did happen (apart from a rusty leak), so they got away with it.
Lucky eh?

I don't suppose you managed to find it did you?

Only what last posted but if you have a look on hunters website it lists the specs for mupvc which are high temp resistant etc

Does this help?

Screenshot_20190224-215054.png

Screenshot_20190224-215127.png

Reply to Unvented discharge waste pie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as there is no easy options to get it outside.
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I'm looking to install an unvented cylinder in my property. I initially hired a plumber who expressed interest in the job, but later cancelled, citing "building regulations" as the reason, specifically regarding the discharge pipe and its location. Subsequently, I reached out to my second...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock