Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss unvented central heating problem?? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Tom.davenport12

Tom.davenport12 New Member

Hi guys i have an unvented cylinder and system boiler in a coach house and have good hot water but the central heating is struggling to get hot, just staying lukewarm throughout even flows and return from the boiler when fired up. It seems the boiler tries firing but doesn't get anywhere so the keeps cutting out. any ideas would be brilliant please????

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

check the port valve is working
    check the pump is pumping

its normally something simple if hot waters working

3. Tom.davenport12

Tom.davenport12 New Member

Ok thank you is there any sure way of checking the pump and port valve? the pump is running but doesnt sound too powerful. i do suspect the system itself as black water when bleeding rads. could it be blocked with sludge do you think?

4. daWilko

daWilko Member

Hi - I'm not a plumber (just a 'umble spark) but I think it could be blocked flow, weak pump, stuck valve or even an electrical fault. Your local friendly Gas Safe Person could diagnose and fix for you.

5. daWilko

daWilko Member

Re reading your original post - if your programmer allows it, turn off HW and see if any more heat gets to the rads. Just a thought on a cold night .

6. Gazzzz101

Gazzzz101 New Member

Sounds like a circulation problem, check the pump, the port valves of if pressurised check the pressure.