Search the forum,

Discuss Unusual Tap Washer Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a problem with the hot tap on a commercial kitchen tap where the hot flow slows to a trickle,
I believe the problem is the washer swelling up and restricting the flow and have never seen one with a spring before.
Kitchen tap.jpg1.jpg Kitchen tap.jpg2.jpg Kitchen tap.jpg
I think the tap may have come from ebay and possibly China,
Any ideas where to get spares?

I've only ever seen this once.
I was down in the west country and a plumber came in with one whilst I was doing breakfast morning. All I recall was that I solved his problem by pinching the spring out of a retractable pen (fitted perfectly). It was cut down slightly and expanded so it then worked. Aside from then and now, I've never come acrosss them.

We had a situation a little while back with springs on the tap washers.
Basically they were put there to stop water hammer.
We removed them and never had a problem since.....as far as I am aware.

Try running the tap without the springs

Reply to Unusual Tap Washer Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if the turn the tap fully on the noise stops. I have replaced the flexible hoses to both taps and fitted in-line isolation valves. The noise is now...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock