Search the forum,

Discuss Unrecognised elbow fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adagio

I have a small leak from one of these elbow fittings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1px3ubrgjf7vmz/IMG_1896.jpg?dl=0

Never seen one like it before and am unsure of the construction. Is there an olive under compression as in a 'normal' compression fitting joint? Can I safely try gently tightening the nut a little?

Any help gratefully received.

David

It looks similar to fittings for polyethelene pipe but slightly diff.

or an american brand like this, just guessing really sorry mate,
http://www.amazon.com/NIBCO-Series-Brass-Fitting-Solder/dp/B007Q458ZK
619xyo-t%2B7L._SL1000_.jpg

I dont know is my proper answer adagio soz

Tbh. It doesn't matter what make it is. Your better off cutting it out and replacing

I've used a bit of tectite and it just doesn't look like it to me.
I liked tectite though seen some demos of it and there new pipework that allows you to take it right to the boiler and was pretty impressed.

I am grateful to you all for taking the trouble to reply. I would, however, like to understand why there are screw fittings with hex nuts if the joints are push fit. I have visited the web sites of all those products mentioned and none appear to have any screw adjustment.

Probably a locking nut to prevent the fitting from accidentally releasing.

It's purely and simply a release nut. Just look at hep2o stuff, it releases the same way.

could have been an design change since first incarnation? plenty of current push fit ranges started out looking different and have been tweeked over the years.

Nobody has asked yet,
But is the O.P's installation in the U.k,, USA,, Europe or somewhere else

Good find!
Guess these'll be added to my avoid list with a lot of other push fit stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha found it, and it is pushfit. 10 gold stars to me :)

Many thanks. Question is now how best to fix the drip which is about 2 tablespoons/day. As you can see the elbow connects to a pipe through the back of the under-sink cupboard.

Many thanks. Question is now how best to fix the drip which is about 2 tablespoons/day. As you can see the elbow connects to a pipe through the back of the under-sink cupboard.
Only one fix really. Cut it out and relplace.

Some form of receptacle to catch it perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unrecognised elbow fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock