Search the forum,

Discuss unfinished tado extension installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

can someone please help? i have to go away tomorrow for work and the Mrs is NOT happy its not working....

The tado extension is still showing as an unfinished installation but not telling me why. I have done various different wire combinations for the combi boiler we have including replicating what was there previously;

L & N connected

Combos;

wire to 1

wire to 4

(Both tried in jump 1 and 2)

Wire to 1, bridge wire from L to 4

wire to 4, bridge wire from L to 1

There was a bridge wire in the old thermostat, hence trying it in this one

Each time with no luck, on the web app still showing as unfinished but connected. i can click on the installation instructions and tells me congratulations, its complete but it still shows as unfinished.

The bridge and smart thermostat are shown as completed installation.

Firmware on both smart thermostat and extension are the same

anyone help?

Thanks for reply

its an old baxi boiler. we had a honeywell wireless thermostat installed quite sometime ago and that has stopped working so a perfect excuse to upgrade.

When i took the old off, there are 3 cables with a bridge so i thought it would be nice easy like for like installation

For experience

On the extension it should be L, N ,1 & 4.

The jumper position on the back of the extension kit box should be set to position one I think (potentially volt free)

Try that. Press and hold the button on the top of the extension kit until the led flashes rapidly. Once it’s connected to the other bits room stat the led will fade in and out.

From looking at the picture it appears that the third cable was in position b.

From there you will need to set it all up via the room stat. I can talk you through the instructions but don’t have the manual to hand also can’t remember it all of the top of my head.

i have held the button down for 8 seconds to restart, then 3-5s so the led blinks rapidly. soon after it blinks 4 times and then a pause to show connected. i go to my tado login where it shows its connected but still unfinished installation.

sounds like its a connection issue

i didnt know i had to go into the smart thermostat and press a tick for the extension kit... i knew it would be something simple i was missing. is it in the right port 4 rather than 1?

the opposite, its turned off but thats great because it was constantly heating and the house was upto 26 degrees so now its detected the thermostat, its cut off... so far id say so good. is definitely correct being in port 4, id have thought port 1 was correct

Reply to unfinished tado extension installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock