Search the forum,

Discuss Underground pipe dislodged in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I've removed a slab of concrete in my back garden and discovered a leaking soil pipe. So I've dug it all out and exposed it it's got a cracking in the rising part of the pipe and a hole in the clay pipe so I've cut the clay at the hole and replaced with plastic using rubber gaskets the only problem is the piece of clay pipe has become dislodged from the clay T fitting underground so was just wondering what is the best method to join this back together. It looks like it was just cemented before it became dislodged is it sufficient to just cement it again Ive had to pack around the pipe as a temp measure with clay from where I've dug up.

My general advice would be replace all your pipes that are exposed with new. If the joint is carrying someone else's waste you need to deal with the water company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underground pipe dislodged in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
I have an underground stopcock that is leaking a lot through the gland. I have dug down three foot to access the stopcock as I also want to move the 28mm black plastic pipe two feet to the right as well as be sure what was leaking the pipes or the gland. The tap is brass with brass nuts. What is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock