Search the forum,

Discuss Underground drainage works in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I have been asked to disconnect a Saniflo loft and instead run soil pipe and drainage to manhole.

Now someone has ran a rain water pipe that goes straight into the foul water manhole.

I want to turn this into a soil pipe.

See the outlet of the rain water into the manhole in picture attached.

I believe this will need planning permission hey? And I can do one of those internal drop down pipes for the poop.

Cheers

20180823_100852.jpg

20180823_100605.jpg

You sure it's not a soak away ?

give the manhole a blast with the pressure washer get it all clean. put loads of bog paper down with a hose on to follow. leave it running all day and see if it backs up or goes on its away. chuck some dye in and see where it ends up then if all's well off you go.

So are you saying this manhole could lead to a soakaway? Other toilets do connect into this in the house. I was just wondering if I could change the rain water trap for a long radius bend and use this pipe for the soil. It is the pipe high up on the left.

That looks like the interceptor trap to me.
Are you sure it is not a combined system of drainage?
Check round the back of the property where do the other RWP discharge ?
Is the connection to the RW pipe trapped ?

Hi Chris. I shall check around the back when I go back.

Yes the rain water pipe has a trap at the base.

If it is combined then that should be fine hey.

Not heard of an interceptor trap before so will look it up

On combined RW is allowed (but not new).
Trap on RW connection means it is foul drainage not just RW.
Interceptor or disconnection traps were installed on that age of property to stop sewer gases coming back a long the house runs .
interceptor-traps.jpg

Wow thanks Chris. Appreciate the detailed advice. Is there a book you would recommend for underground drainage.

I know all properties in Ealing are like this. A lot of the time when it gets blocked people just pull out the top bung.

Reply to Underground drainage works in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock