Search the forum,

Discuss Underground drainage leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
ground floor toilet was fitted without a stub stack, has its own drainage to the manhole. Owners want to sell so had to fit a stub stack for building control to pass it.

Fitted the stub stack, did a wet test and Water is slowly draining. I’ve checked all my joints and they’re dry.

Any way of finding the leak by any other means???

Dye but you need access to the joints

Is there anyway the toilet would be slow draining to fill the pipes and eventually stop? (I’m basically filling the run with flushing the toilet.

?

Only reason why it would be slow to draining is a blockage or maybe a split/ collapse

?

Only reason why it would be slow to draining is a blockage or maybe a split/ collapse
Here’s the thing..

I flushed the toilet until the pan filled to the brim. Filled the basin bossed into the run. Slowly drained. Did this 8 times and now ... completely steady, not draining at all!!

With your bung in ?

Did you air test it first and what's your drop ?

Did you air test it first and what's your drop ?
Building control ain’t interested in an air test, for them it’s either air or wet, and I don’t have the air kit

So it's staying steady / not draining over an hour ish ?

So it's staying steady / not draining over an hour ish ?
Correct. It’s been at the same level now for about 45 mins and I know it’s just a 2 min test so to me it’s all good?

Yep if it hasn't dropped after half an hour your golden

Yep if it hasn't dropped after half an hour your golden
Ok.. so just been called back to custards reporting a huge leak (I left the run bunged and filled ready for inspection tomorrow as I wasn’t going to be there).

Turns out that when you flush the 1st/2nd floor toilets it causes the ground floor toilet to overflow. Now, this must mean the pipework is connected. But I was told it had its own run??? Also could explain why it drained and drained until it filled up properly.

Wtf????

Maybe they do have there own run but teed before the manhole

This is why air testing is better

Maybe they do have there own run but teed before the manhole

This is why air testing is better
That makes sense.
But to do an air test don’t you have to remove one of the toilets?

Sounds like it is teed into the same run otherwise no way it could go back up past a bung. To be honest I always air test soil, although mainly when new as opposed to existing.

I just use a test bung/bag in the toilet

I just use a test bung/bag in the toilet
Gonna find my air test kit I think. Not sure the bungs I have will fit in the pan, they’re metal with a rubber ring in between and you turn a butterfly screw to push the rubber out to fit the pipe

What do you blow this up with as they’ve got 1/2 inch females connections on the taps?

Mine do can't comment on the ones in the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underground drainage leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock