Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greener

Hi All
I have Underfloor Heating and need advice on the most economical way to run it. I have a Biasi oil fired boiler feeding 2 manifolds, 1 for downstairs and 1 for upstairs plus 2 thermostats.
Should I fit a timer?

Thanking you all in advance!

Hi All
I have Underfloor Heating and need advice on the most economical way to run it. I have a Biasi oil fired boiler feeding 2 manifolds, 1 for downstairs and 1 for upstairs plus 2 thermostats.
Should I fit a timer?

Thanking you all in advance!
most underfloor that ive seen works on a programmable room stat the logic being that the floor acts like a storage heater so should never get completely cold you simply set diferent temps for diferent periods of the day
in theory this is the most economical way to run it
you will however need a timer for the hot water i would imagine

depending on the the surfave finish wood or screed there are different heat times to get the room up to temp.
screed floors with marble can take up to 5 hours, but retain the heat for almost the same time, so if you fit a timer, take that into consideration. also every room/zone should have it's own room stat controlling the appropriate motorized valve on the manifold.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor Heating Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock