Search the forum,

Discuss Unable to reduce Old grey waste pipe to 32mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Bit of a novice with piping! I had to move my washing machine, and the new location has old grey waste pipe o/d 40mm, I/d about 36mm. I'm trying to reduce this to 32mm so I can hook up my 32mm drain waste to it. I bought a 40mm-32mm reducer and it's won't fit in. Any advice as to the best thing to buy? I guess it's due to old pipes, but really not sure best bet.

Cheers.

Just use a washing machine stand pipe will connect straight to the pipe via a compression 11/2

I wouldn't reduce it down to 32mm washing machines need 11/2

Or a compression coupler if the pipe needs to be extended. Make sure the pipe is clipped though if you are extending.

Solvent weld pipe is slightly bigger o/d than push fit waste pipe.
You can get push fit adaptors for solvent to push fit, or just use a compression fitting as said in above posts. Keep it 1 1/2"

Any makers name on old pipe, could be some from a DIY outlet and for some reason nothing else will fit, same as push fit, some was made with a different kind of plastic so you cant glue onto it ! \so as others have mentioned use the compression type of fitting then this will adept to new size pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unable to reduce Old grey waste pipe to 32mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock