Search the forum,

Discuss Ultracom 38cxi Gas rate, gas flow on and off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingalig

Gas Engineer
I hope it's ok, being posted here, I just did a gas rate on an Gloworm ultracom 38cxi, I put it into service mode Hi, and ran the hot tap in the kitchen, The meter was a metric and I timed for 2 mins, The flow of gas at the meter stopped, all be it briefly and then re-started twice during the test. Is this the gas valve regulator shutting off the supply ? and is it ok ? everything else seems fine , Co2 rates all within M.I's Ratio good, flame picture good and pressure at test point on boiler just over 20mb, I had somthing similar happen on a worchester, it was a really hot day and the heating was already at temperature, after speaking to worchester running the hot tap stopped it. Apologies for demonstrating my ignorance but i'm a bit of a newbie and I need to know whats going on.

@Lou any chance you could grant op access to the gsr forum

Op can you supply your gas safe reg number to Lou please

Are you gas safe registered?
If you are send your details in and post this on the right forum section.

:)

Probably heat exchanger blocked and boiler cycling / shutting down intermittently

Was the boiler still firing or did it shut down as well ?

sometimes it is hard to get the boiler to run flat out for long enough to get all the tests done as temps can rise fast and the boiler will modulate down to compensate or even shut off unit temps drop.
this is what i do for a combi.
1, make sure all the air is out of the hot water cct.
2. run all hot taps
3. Stay with boiler and make sure it stabilises and does not hit max temp.
4. At leisure wonder down to the meter and check rate.
5. Take Co2

For system boilers, you have to be a little more nimble.
1. Unless doing it from cold its almost a waste of time unless you are just checking co2 on minimum
2. From cold after getting all air out, fire up all zones and hot water cct, boiler on max, let it stabalise and you will know when its running flat out from the noise. Get you probe in a get co2 and the like, hit print then leg it to the meter for a gas rate,
3. Chill out with a brew and ***
4. Finish benchmark... lol

Did you have a pressure gauge on the meter test point ??
Not during the gas rate test. I did for the tightness test as I had replaced the burner inner door seal, spark electrode and a new seal on the gas supply to the gas valve.

Might be worth shoving one on to see if the reg is still supplying gas

If it is wouldn't worrie about it

Thanks for the input chaps, nice to have joined the inner sanctum, you may well get a lot more head scratching pleas for help in the not to distant future, much appriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ultracom 38cxi Gas rate, gas flow on and off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock