Search the forum,

Discuss UFH Manifold Location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys

Where is the best place to have my manifold? I want 3 zones.

The kitchen is 2.4 x 3.1 m
The bathroom is 3.1 x 3.1 m (Directly above the kitchen)
The conservatory is 2.1 x 3.1m (Directly next to the kitchen boiler wall)

The kitchen is the natural choice as all 3 zones are nearby, and I can plumb/wire it into the boiler easily.

However, my only concern is that the manifold wouldn't be at the highest point. Is there an issue with air trapping in the pipes upstairs if the manifold is downstairs?

My research is giving me conflicting information so thought I'd ask some of you very knowledgeable people.

Thanks in advance

CF

Reply to UFH Manifold Location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
Hi, we had UFH installed dowstairs in our house recently, and I'm not 100% sure that it's connected correctly. I'd be grateful if someone could have a look at the diagrams and tell me if what the plumber did makes sense. The house is heated with an A2W Samsung/Joule heatpump. The buffer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock