Search the forum,

Discuss U7 fault code Worcester 37 cdi combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys went to a breakdown today. No hot water and the numbers keep rising up to 97. I can't find fault code in manual?! I think it's something to do with the pump not circulating and over heating? Also I noticed when I was there the vertical flue runs in through the middle of the property into the loft space but there isn't any hatches to check out the flue? And the terminal is less 1.5 meters from a roof vent tile.

AR if you cant inspect the flue properly

There is sticker already on the boiler saying AR. I new too all this so I hope you don't mind me asking. If there is 2 at risks it is id? Like the terminal too close to the roof tile vent? When I complete the service do I mama ke recommendation about hatches to inspect the flue with co2 alarm 300mm x 300mm at 1.5m each joint.

theres smarter guys on here than me but the the 2 faults thing was for open flue appliances and is no longer in effect, but as i recall it was 2 ncs = an AR

did you run the heating, if the heating is not working as well you should be taking a close look at the pump, if heating is fine i'd be looking at the diverter valve.
once youre stasisfied with the flue of course

Surely if it's at risk it should not be in operation...I don't know what you guys do over the country but down here at risk means isolate appliance and attach notice and i.d is disconnect and cap appliance and attach notice..
The problem is mate, is that AR isn’t a disconnect. It is isolate at user controls. Which means you get called back again at some point as the user has ignored your warning notice and switched it back on themselves and moan that it is broken even when they shouldn’t be using it. I had an agent try and tell me once that I haven’t switched a boiler off, I went mental at them. Why in the hell would I fill out a notice and attach a label and leave the thing running. #ihaveaconscience

There's power to the pump but it's not spinning when I turn on a dhw tap. Pump replaced.
I isolated the appliance and explain to the client don't use well they can't anyway until I replace the pump.

Alright. I take it with a multimeter you would connect the red and black needles in the pcb where the pump live and netual wires are?

The problem is mate, is that AR isn’t a disconnect. It is isolate at user controls. Which means you get called back again at some point as the user has ignored your warning notice and switched it back on themselves and moan that it is broken even when they shouldn’t be using it. I had an agent try and tell me once that I haven’t switched a boiler off, I went mental at them. Why in the hell would I fill out a notice and attach a label and leave the thing running. #ihaveaconscience

Didn't say you disconnect an at risk appliance fella.

I replaced the pump head now it works. I think the diverted valve was sticking on the green rubber cover. Strange

I also installed new access panels where the flue passed and inspected the flue joints and clipped on every joint. All good. Cheers

Get yourself an auto ranging multimeter. If there’s 240v across live and neutral at the pump and the pump is not spinning the the pump is either sticking or is electrically broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to U7 fault code Worcester 37 cdi combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock