Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss twyford cistern help please!! in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

no wish it was 100% from cistern, very slow drip i could see from cistern looking from the side while it was in situ and can see the hair line crack when removed the cistern.

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

The one where the cistern doesn`t actually touch the pan with the plastic connection? God I hate those things. Thick skinned cistern though you sure the fracture is in the cistern. CT1 works under water. (?).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Run a bit on the inside as a temp repair maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Ct1 will last the test of time

5. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

Yeah was thinking about that, only thing customer knows about the crack and may feel its a bit of bodge.

Was hoping someone would come on saying I had this happen and bought x cistern from wickes cheap and has done the job for years :)

May go back and double check and see how pan is plumbed may be easier to replace lot as long as it does noes not then lead to further making good.

Appreciate all the advice as usual everyone

6. michcosg

michcosg Member

In future plumb_know I would also suggest you may be say to clients before beginning works that: works servicing appliances assume that appliances are currently in good working order and that able to withstand the necessary interventions required to service.

This should give you some necessary negotiation space should some appliance (WC, shower valve, shower enclosure etc) fall apart as soon as you take the lid off! I routinely say also in estimates that: they assume that all pipework and substrates (walls, floors, tiling etc) are Ok and able to withstand the necessary interventions.

Worth of course also superficially checking beforehand and alerting customer if think it appropriate and think of it!

7. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

Thanks Michcogs,

yes i thought about this after :) just an update i just replaced the whole toilet in the end as it was easier & cheaper than messing around.

Have found out that most new toilets use long bolts rather than close couple kits these days.

Thanks for everyones help