Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to balance our radiators .......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Murdoch

Esteemed
Res.Electrician
Now its got cold again I'm having another attempt to get our system re-balanced and have found this "lockshield":

lockshield.jpg

Presumably all I need is an allen key to adjust it?

Also, using my new infra red thermometer, this rad is getting a lot hotter than most of the others in the house - is this also a "pointer" to poor balance?

Thanks guys

Now its got cold again I'm having another attempt to get our system re-balanced and have found this "lockshield":

View attachment 35931

Presumably all I need is an allen key to adjust it?

Also, using my new infra red thermometer, this rad is getting a lot hotter than most of the others in the house - is this also a "pointer" to poor balance?

Thanks guys
Yes it is, in the short term just close down the other end and see what happens to,the rest of system ..then open the other end a wicklie bit , a simple cure
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Trying to balance our radiators .......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock