Search the forum,

Discuss TRV selection advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FeelingCold

Hi

I'll looking for reasoned advice on the selection appropriate TRVs for a complete CH replacement as part of a total house refurbishment.

My architect has advised us to buy TRVs which are well over £100 each - (The invoice is for "THERMOSTATIC DOUBLE ANGLED RADIATOR VALVE SET CHROME reference VAL-SET-10/11-CR". ) He says that many cheaper values tend to stick and then it is more costly in the long run to get a plumber in to have them fixed.

The recommended valves look nice as they are in visually exposed positions. But is it really necessary to spend that much or are other well known brands, Dreyton or Danfoss which seem to cost around the £30-40 mark.

The rads are Zehnder Lyte-T.

Many thanks in advance for you advice and comments.

Cheers

Andy

they look no better than a drayton. and by the looks of it uses a drayton trv 4 head and probably internals. if the system is treated properly with inhibitor then the trv should never stick. £145.00 fot avalve set is excessive but he is an architect and they love design and spending the customers money.

Thanks. A fool and his money are soon departed....I'm hoping not to be that fool.

Sanford ras c2

Whatever you decide to fit just operate the valves say once a month open and closed this will stop the pins from sticking make a note of the setting and return it after you have carried out the above.....regards Turnpin:)

I was thinking that my rad valves are expensive but compared to these valves it’s nothing.

I would not go with the Zehnder ones I’d rather would go with Drayton or danfoss ... my personal choice isn’t cheap either so therefore not necessary to mention which I would go for. But anyhow, you can’t do anything wrong with danfoss nor Drayton.

I am about to replace two crusty TRVs and find the price range staggering. What on earth do you get extra when you pay the earth?
Bearing in mind once you have set them up they are rarely touched again so if you are paying for accuracy you don't need it.

'

the decent ones dont leak after you touch them in a years time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV selection advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock