Search the forum,

Discuss Troublesome bath trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve had some trouble with a leaky bath trap, which on inspection doesn’t seem to align well due to it fouling on the bathtub support.

The red arrow shows the leaky connection. It seems like it’s not far out, so I’ve tried wrestling with it without success.

Can anyone recommend a way to sort this? Bare in mind I have no real knowledge of pipework.

A68ADE63-A068-4EA8-ADA1-23AD637F3ECC.jpeg

I’ve had some trouble with a leaky bath trap, which on inspection doesn’t seem to align well due to it fouling on the bathtub support.

The red arrow shows the leaky connection. It seems like it’s not far out, so I’ve tried wrestling with it without success.

Can anyone recommend a way to sort this? Bare in mind I have no real knowledge of pipework.

View attachment 36932

Are you 100% sure its leaking from where you indicate?
Have you seen it leaking from there or have you just seen water on that shoulder?
The reason I ask is because there is discolouration above where it sits into the bath ...

Are you 100% sure its leaking from where you indicate?
Have you seen it leaking from there or have you just seen water on that shoulder?
The reason I ask is because there is discolouration above where it sits into the bath .

Hi Dave. 100% it’s coming from the connection with the red arrow. I’ve got it in to a position where it leaks a lot less, but it needs fixing.

It does indeed leak a tiny bit of water where the dicolouration is. Granted I should sort this at the same time, but my real concern is with the joint with the red arrow that just doesn’t sit quite right before it’s tightened up.

Undo it / strip it have a look at the washer

If doesn’t look too good use some silicon on both sides and refit

You will prob need a helper to hold below to stop the overflow turning etc

Reply to Troublesome bath trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock